Friday, December 30, 2011

Gyms

Since I started training at the age of 12 I've seen gym memberships go from 10 a month to 199 a month. I ask myself why the change, now most gyms are 15-40 a month but crossfit gyms wow they range from 75-200 a month I think that is CRAZY. When you ask crossfit trainers why there gyms are so much you never get a direct answer. The funny thing is I'm a retired powerlifter and now I use the crossfit method at the gym I train at and love it but I only pay 15 a month and they just about have everything there that you need so could someone please tell why crossfit gyms are so expensive?

2 comments:

  1. http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=54910,
    Above is a link that I was reading through when you posed the question, as my 2 cents are in line with view of it being a very fair cost. I personally charge $75/ hr for training, and people get more out of a group class due to the group atmosphere and the commradary. You are a very motivated person Chris, not everyone is that way when at the gym, and although I too call myself a motivated person, I can rarley if ever match the intensity and push given in the group atmosphere. I often use the that saying that people don't min spending 2-400 dollars each month to look good in a car, why not invest the same to look and feel good in your own body?
    Just my 2 cents, but hope it helps someone out, and I really invite you to try out a class sometime, hopefully I can show you the difference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick I hear what your saying and I appericate your input and thank you but also I would like you to continue to follow my blog and please give your input. I hope your open Sunday or Monday I would love to come down and watch. I'm still trying to convince my wife to join but she still says no so for now I will continue to train on my own also I'm really looking in to getting my level 1 crossfit and level 1 running as well

    ReplyDelete